A ten day program designed to provide a safe, supportive environment in which clients will examine the impact sexual abuse has had on their lives, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
An introduction to statistics and information regarding sexual abuse in the dominant society, and First Nations Communities Develop an historical “map” of abuse in your family of origin. How sexual abuse scars our childhood, how it affects us as adults, as individuals, in our relationships, families and communities. The emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual impact of abuse Roles we play – victim, survivor, etc Effects on our children – cycle of abuse Moving On – understanding the need to go beyond the abuse Accepting the past and building a future, on our own terms Healing as a life long process – maintaining support systems and aftercare plans.
Program: Sexual Abuse Survivors
Duration of Program: Ten Days
Target Group: *Male Adults (max 12) or *Female Adults (max 12) * Separate programs for male / female clients
- Prior Discloser.
- Some previous work in dealing with the sexual abuse.
- Willingness to work on the issues.
- Sobriety as requested by the assessment counselor.
- To become aware of how sexual abuse has impacted clients as individuals, in their relationships, families, and communities.
- To prioritize issues in this area into an actionable plan as it relates to the holistic healing model.
- To participate in one to one counseling, peer support and group therapy throughout the program.
- To depart the facility with a concrete aftercare plan for continued healing and recovery. This program will emphasize acceptance, forgiveness and letting go of the past in the best interest of the clients future.